Thursday, March 24, 2011

My First iPad iMovie Video



The other day I went hiking to the top of the Diamond Head trail.  This was a great chance for me to finally use iMovie for iPad.  This can only be used on the iPad 2 unless you have a Mac and can do this workaround, which is not for the faint of heart.

I only took pictures with my iPhone 4 when I went hiking but that's okay.  iMovie makes your still shots come alive with pans and zooms, which are editable.  Some of the pictures I took I used a filter with the app Instagram, which I highly recommend.

Update: I forgot to put in one more app that I used.  The final picture, which is a 360-degree view at the top of Diamond Head, was made using an awesome app called You Gotta See This!

The amount of themes is limited, so I hope they update it more than once a year.  In fact, Apple should create an app to make iMovie themes and let users create their own themes and share them.

I'm a veteran of the iMovie for iPhone and the iPad version is even better.  The great thing is that it's a universal app so the $4.99 I dropped down last year now gets me the iPad version for free!  One caveat:  iMovie may not work with every single type of camcorder video format.  Personally, I always use my iPhone 4 so that's not really a problem for me.

No comments: