I've been with 24-Hour Fitness for a while but I never studied all the different exercises. So, I kind of randomly did my weight training. The app was only $2.99.
Now, I have a plan. The app is really cool because for each exercises there is also a video with a narrator showing and telling you how each exercises is done. That's PERFECT for me!
The plan in the app is basically circuit training, which I have never done before. So, this is what I did this morning:
- 20lb Dumbell Squats - 10 reps, 3 sets
- 20lb Dumbell Bench Press - 10 reps, 3 sets
- 15lb Dumbell Prone Row - 10 reps, 3 sets
- 15 lb Dumbell Reverse Lunge - 10 reps, 3 sets
- (This is when I began to feel tired.)
- 15lb Lateral Raises - 7 reps, 2 sets
- Reverse Cruch - 7 reps, 2 sets
I was four exercises away from finishing the circuit. But, I was POOPED! It says to do this 10-exercise circuit once a week. I might have to split it up to twice a week and do 5 exercises each. And I have to stick with this first 10 exercises for 4-6 weeks. Something tells me that I'll probably need all 6 weeks.
So, this is what I'm doing in addition to my urban hiking! Hopefully, it will help me to lose weight, make my liver less fatty and make me slimmer!