Sunday, September 21, 2008

Trials & Perseverance

It's either irony or coincidence or both that this morning's Bible verse at church was James 1:2-3,

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

During this morning's worship time, I was having an electronic drum crisis. The one song that was supposed to call everyone to worship was horrendous. I couldn't hear the keyboards which the worship leader was playing. Everyone else couldn't hear me and we were all out of sync. And at one point the arm on my snare drum was getting loose and it was unplayable.

I realize that it doesn't matter to God that we play perfectly, but I want to offer up my BEST, which I couldn't because circumstances beyond my control.

So, James, trials produce perseverance, huh? It's hard to keep joy in mind while the trials are going on...

No comments: