Saturday, July 11, 2009

One Year With The iPhone... And Counting

Today marks the one-year anniversary since I got my iPhone 3G. What a day that was! I went to 3 different AT&T stores in Kalihi, Kapolei and Mililani before finally getting it at the Kahala Mall Apple Store. My trek started at 9:00 a.m. and ended at 3:30 p.m. For all of the trouble I went through, it was all worth it. I can't even begin to say how the iPhone has changed what I do and how I do things.

I definitely exercise more. Check out the MapMyFitness.com workout stats on the left-hand side of the screen. You have to go a little down to see it. I've been tracking most of my street hiking over the past year, thanks to the iPhone's GPS. I've burned more than 18,000 calories during those walks! I plan to go again today. My iPump Total Body app now uploads my weight training to MapMyFitness as well. So, I'm excited to get that started too.

I have 777 photos on my iPhone. The vast majority of those are photos I took with the iPhone. From Day 1, I've been uploading to Flickr. Since then, I've familiarized myself with Facebook, Twitter, Brightkite and Mobypicture. I can make beautiful panoramas with the Pano app. I think I've really taken the iPhone 3G camera to the limits of what it can do with no autofocus, flash, or zoom. Check out 200 of my iPhone photos on Flickr.

Since I haven't been paying out more than $100 a month on my AT&T Family Plan, I'm not eligible for the new iPhone 3G S at the moment. The next time I'm available for an upgrade is next March. By then, I'll wait for the next iPhone announcement probably coming in June. So, I should have another year with my beloved 3G.



No comments: