Wednesday, October 28, 2009

NBA Finally Has An iPhone App Worthy Of The Sport

On the heels of the wildly successful MLB.com At Bat 2009, the NBA has made its own paid iPhone app worthy of the $9.99 you pay for it.

NBA Game Time 2009-10 [iTunes link] has everything the free lite version has, which includes scores, lineups, and standings.

The paid version also includes live radio broadcasts for each team and video highlights for every game! You can set push notifications for your favorite team or specific games. And, you get Twitter updates from the NBA's official feed.

Now, I'm not so much of an NBA fanatic that I would get this app. But, who knows? I'll probably get this if there is a price reduction. I am more of an MLB fanatic because I have one favorite team.

Now that the MLB and the NBA have awesome iPhone apps, it is time for the NFL to get with the program! Screw that Sprint contract you have! Having an iPhone/iPod Touch app would reach WAY more people. And I know an NFL app that includes the features NBA Gametime and MLB.com At Bat would easily sell for $9.99.




No comments: