Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beamer Case: Shine Your LED On Me

So, you want an LED flash for your iPhone but you don't want to shell out hundreds of dollars for the new iPhone 4?

Then Quirky's Beamer case for the iPhone 3G and 3GS is for you!

It's the only iPhone case that I know of that has an LED light for picture taking and it is currently selling for $38.00.

I think it's highly ironic that the week the iPhone 4 comes out with a built-in LED flash is the same week I receive the Beamer in the mail.

Here's my thoughts on the only LED flash solution for the iPhone 3G and 3GS:


The Beamer case comes in two pieces - very similar to the Incase Slider.  With the case on, the 30-pin dock connector is exposed for easy syncing with iTunes.

The Beamer has a nice matted feel - very similar to the red Mophie Juice Pack Air.  The case feel really nice in your hands, even though there is a light button sticking out of its side.

The replaceable lithium battery is easy to get to.  Simply hold down the panel and slide open.  In fact, I had to do this right away because the LED wasn't working when I first got the Beamer out of the box.  I opened the battery lid and made sure the battery was in firmly.  Then, it worked.

To use the LED just press the button and snap your picture.  The LED light is very bright.  I almost blinded myself when I first tried it out.

Here's some picture examples with and without the LED flash:




Well, these aren't the best examples since they're taken in the daytime.
I really need to test it when I'm in the dark.

If you're looking for a decent LED light for your iPhone, then don't forget to check out the Beamer case at Quirky.com.

No comments: