Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Longest Day

I never got a chance to preorder the iPhone 4 because of all of the mayhem going on at the Apple and AT&T websites on June 15.  I just couldn't get through.

But, I know a friend who had reserved an iPhone 4 32GB at the Apple Store at Ala Moana Center AND preordered an iPhone 4 to be delivered by mail.  He was gracious enough to give me his reservation at the Ala Moana Apple Store.

I have always been one to avoid the Ala Moana Apple Store because that's by far the most popular Apple Store because it's in town.  But, I'd rather drive out somewhere else just for the convenience because the lines at Ala Moana are just CRAZY!  And on iDay 4, it didn't get any less crazy.

Seriously, I waited in line for 5 hours and 45 minutes in the reservation line just to get my black 32GB iPhone 4.

I got off of work early, waiting in two lines before I finally figured out which line I should be waiting in.  By that time it was 9:00 a.m.  I usually eat after work but I had no time to eat.  So, I basically went without eating or drinking while waiting nearly 6 hours in that line.  I didn't want to go to the bathroom, although people I struck up conversation with were very gracious and would have held my spot.  But, I was determined to hold out.

I have to say, though, it was worth the wait.  I wish I had more time to play around with the iPhone 4 before going on my trip tomorrow.  The text is amazingly sharp.  It makes my iPhone 3G look blurry now.  It's super fast.

I really need a case though.  For now, my old Marware CEO Premiere will have to do.  The iPhone 4 feels so delicate I don't want to leave it lying around without a case.

Back to my marathon wait at Ala Moana Center.  I'm glad I went when I did.  I was standing in the shade most of the time.  By the time it was around noon I was a lot closer to the Apple Store and out of the sun.  It was so sunny that the Apple Store had to provide umbrellas so people wouldn't get sunburned. 

By the time I got inside the store it was fairly quick.  I got Apple Care.  Bumpers were sold out.  I didn't want the dock but I might get it when I go to the mainland (since there's no sales tax in Oregon).  I hope there are actual iPhone 4 cases I can buy in the mainland.  Otherwise, I'll have to mail-order them.

I'll have to learn iMovie and more about the iPhone 4 on my trip to Oregon.  Still, I'm really glad I'm getting a vacation.

I'll try to blog as much as possible if it pertains to the iPhone or iPad.  I just bought BlogPress which works on the iPhone and iPad.



See ya later!

No comments: