Friday, July 17, 2009

Champions Online: Gunning For Closed Beta

Now, the iPhone is not my only tech interest. I wouldn't say I'm a "gamer" but I certainly have played my fair share of games. And, although I have less time now to play, I sneak a few hours here and there.

The next game I'm getting is "Champions Online." I'm a "City Of Heroes," "City Of Villains," "Star Wars Galaxies," and "World Of Warcraft" veteran. I actually maxed out in CoV and WoW.



One of the best things I liked about CoH/CoV, and to some degree WoW, is creating your own character. I'm jazzed that Champions Online will give you a wide range of power possibilities. I'm pretty sure there will not be too many similar characters, power-wise or looks-wise.

I just signed up for a closed beta key that I should be getting sometime betweeen Aug. 1 through the 5th. That's PERFECT because that's the week I took off for vacation.

In the meantime, I'm getting my fill of The Sims 3. I might blog about that sometime. Right now, the 3rd generation of my family are teenagers and my original character is back as a ghost that I can control!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Champions Online in August.

UPDATE: I got an e-mail confirmation saying I'm getting my beta code on August 4th! I'm glad I took my vacation that week!


A fierce warrior up for any challenge, you will never back down from a fight. You are an honorable combatant, but that does not mean you are above deriving pleasure from the defeat of your adversaries.

Take the quiz!






No comments: