Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Couldn't Fight The "Need For Speed"

I couldn't help myself.  I was so pissed off at EA for delaying "Need For Speed: Undercover" [iTunes link] I was planning on boycotting it until there was a price drop.  Well, I picked it up anyway.

I find it ironic that this game is more like the movie "The Fast And The Furious" than the other iPhone game "Fast And Furious: Pink Slip."
And F&F:PS is more of a racing game than NFS:U.

Unfortunately, there is no straight racing in this game.  You HAVE to follow the storyline.  With that said, a few things bugged me about this game.  A couple of events really had me livid: the one where you have to avoid maximum damage to the car you are delivering and the one where you have "catch" the car by hitting them.  As I trudged through those events, I wondered if this was really a racing game.

One thing I liked a lot is the ability to not only customize the performance of your car, but the LOOK.  I chose the Mazda Mazdaspeed3.  I customized the blue paint job, the spoiler, the rims and the racing stripe.  How do you like it?  I have to admit that I wish there were more way to customize but I hope there will be updates in the future.

NFS:U is a pretty game and the driving animation is about the same as Gameloft's Ferrari game.  But, I feel that $9.99 is a bit too much for this game.




No comments: