Monday, August 3, 2009

Building My Champion

Okay, I have my "Champions Online" Beta key. However, beta testing occurs only on Wednesdays and Fridays. So, I have to wait until Wednesday. *sigh*

In the meantime, I'm thinking about how I'm going to build my champion. This game is vastly different from either "City Of Heroes" or "City Of Villains" since you can combine different power sets.

I'm thinking of either starting with Dual Blades or Munitions and combining that with Power Armor.

For instance, I'll start with Dual Blades:

First power up, I'll have Blade Tempest for close area attacks. I'm not sure, but I also may have an energy-building power called Rain Of Steel.
For my next power, I could take another close attack power called Storm's Harvest.

Since I have two non-energy building powers from any framework, I can now take my first Power Armor power and I would choose Laser Sword. Ooooo.
Sticking with Power Armor, my next power would be Energy Shield. Ooooo.

Next, I'll take a Smoke Bomb for crowd control.
Since I have at least five non-energy building powers from any framework, I can choose Micro Munitions, which fires a volley of missiles out of my chest to my target.
Down the road, I'd also like to get a shoulder launcher.

Well, at least I think that's how it will work. Obviously, I won't find out about the effectiveness of each power until I start playing. But, I can still dream.