Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Great Day For iPhone Games!

It's a great day for iPhone games! There's a bunch that might be worth picking up on the App Store today:

  • Brothers In Arms® Hour Of Heroes has been discounted from $9.99 to $5.99. That was good enough for me to buy. Using a virtual joystick is a bit tough for a first-person shooter but I'm slowly getting better.
  • Burning Tires™ 3D Lite is a new racing game on the App Store. Not as realistic as Ferrari GT, but not as cartoony as Cro-Mag Rally. I also dislike accelerometer controls that you have you turn your iPhone like a steering wheel, but that's just me. Try it out for FREE!
  • DanceDanceRevolution S Lite is the latest iPhone game from Konami. As a veteran of both Tap Tap Revenge and Saturday Night Fever: Dance! I can say that DDR S Lite is SUPER HARD! And in this free version there's only one stage. I still like a lot and it will be interesting to see the full version, which has not been released in the U.S. App Store.
  • Action Bowling Free is one of, if not the most, realistic bowling game on the iPhone. While I love my Flick Bowling, Action Bowling has really great lifelike 3D motion on the pins and it would probably be easier to knock down splits. It also has an motion mode where you swing your iPhone like you're swinging a bowling ball. I use two hands so I won't actually throw the iPhone. There's also a flick mode which I prefer. In the free version you can only practice; the paid version is $2.99. I'll wait until the price drops back to $.99.




No comments: