Saturday, June 21, 2008

Protecting Your iPhone

After making the plunge to put down $299 for a state-of-the-art hi-tech device, I'm also going to need to PROTECT my investment on the iPhone 3G. From past experience, spending some dollars to protect your mobile phone goes a long way to making sure it has a long life - at least for the life of your current contract.

Here are two cases that have caught my eye:
I've heard from iPhone users that I should get a hardshell cover. This one is particularly interesting. It has an attractive clear case which does not obscure the look of the iPhone. Plus it comes with a little stand that can used vertically or horizonatally to easily view videos and photos.
It's $24.99 for the case and if you want the rotating belt clip holster the whole package is $34.99. Although I clip my current mobile phone to my pants pocket, I'm not sure if I really want to do that with a larger device like the iPhone. But the holster comes with a thin film protector with it and that's something I need to buy to protect the screen anyway.

The iSkin revo features a premium silicone material with an embedded anti-microbial agent that protects the product by inhibiting the growth of microbes. I think this case was developed for people who are anal-retentive. But, I still like the idea and the look of it. Plus, it's more skin-tight than the other cases.
It also comes with a screen protector that protects your privacy since it will appear black if people look at it from an angle. It looks fine when you look at it straight on. It also has a VISOR that clips onto the front of the screen to protect it during travel and clips on the back of the case when you need to use your iPhone.
The revo costs $39.99; the clip is an additional $19.99.

No comments: