Monday, August 1, 2011

Skype for iPad Released! (Then Pulled, and Back Again)

Skype for iPad has been released in the U.S.!

I tested the mic using the iPad 2's mic and it sounded super clear.

My co-worker tested the video calling with her sister who is in New York and it worked well!  She was on it for 15 to 30 minutes.  Her sister has a Verizon iPhone so it was a solid signal but Verizon's 3G is slower so it looked more pixelated when there was a lot of motion.  But, it's a good alternative to FaceTime!







UPDATE: While testing the link I posted above, I realized that it doesn't work. When I went back to search for Skype, I couldn't find it. Maybe it's been pulled? Anyway, I'll leave the link up in case it comes back. I'll still test the video calling tomorrow.

Here's proof it actually was on the App Store. I was able to go back to my Purchased apps and pull up the Skype for iPad page:







UPDATE 2: Confirmation that the Skype for iPad app has been pulled from the App Store via Twitter:














UPDATE 3: August 2 -  Skype tweeted out that that Skype for iPad is now back in the App Store!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: