Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Glif: The Big Red iPhone Accessory Startup

I don't like getting knockoffs when it comes to iPhone accessories. There's usually a reason why something is made cheap. I'll spend a little more to get something that's high-quality from an established company.  But in recent years, there have been great iPhone or iPad accessories that's made by much smaller companies.  Element Case is a great example.  I hope my videos and postings have helped to make that company what it is today.  Another more recent example is the Quirky Cloak iPad case.  I pre-ordered it last November to help get the product into production and I received it back in August.  Although it was a long wait, the Cloak is now my favorite iPad case.  I'll blog about that sometime.

And now I'm helping another company get its product into production.  It's called The Glif.  It's an iPhone 4 tripod and stand. It's an ingeniously designed piece of plastic that seems to have several useful functions.  It's something that I could definitely use for my videos.

For $20, I donated to the cause of getting The Glif into production and when it comes out it will be mailed to me.  Most iPhone cases are more than $20 with shipping included.  I'll let you know when I get it. I also posted a widget in the right-hand column that will update how much money has been pledged and how many days are left until it is funded.  In the meantime, here's a video (with no sound) that shows how The Glif can be used:



No comments: