Friday, March 13, 2009

This Week's iPhone Apps

TouchSports™ Tennis '09 [iTunes link] - Just bought this wonderful 3-D tennis game for $.99 on the App Store.  The controls are easy:  just touch once to serve; hit the screen again to get the max power; and touch on the screen where you want your player to hit the ball.  Each player has their own strengths and weaknesses.  This game used to be $4.99 at one point so $.99 is really steal.  Highly recommended.

Hawaiian Rainbow: Hawaiian Music Radio [iTunes link] - If you want some Hawaiian Island sounds, look no further than this iPhone app that streams music from Hawaii.  It's a nice little app even for someone like me who actually lives in Hawaii.

On a personal note:

My father passed away this past Monday.  That's why I haven't been updating this site this week.  This blog is dedicated to him because he has always taken an interest in what I'm into - up until the day he died.  One week ago he really encouraged me to buy one particular television that he knew I wanted and it was at a good price.  So, I bought it at his insistence.  Last Saturday, I bought a new TV stand and we put it together and got everything working by the night.  He got to enjoy the television on Saturday night and all of Sunday.  Monday morning he passed away in his sleep.  Looking back, it was one of the most fun weekends I got to spend with him.  Somehow, I think he might have known that the end was coming and made sure I did all of this while he was here.  Thanks, Dad.



No comments: