Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday's FREE iPhone Apps

i Love Katamari Lite [iTunes link] - This is the free version of the fun game by Namco. I was hesitant to buy the full game at $7.99 but I really had a lot of fun playing the free one.  Basically you have to roll a ball and pick up items.  As you get bigger, you can pick up BIGGER items.  I'm now considering buying the full game - perhaps at a sale price.

MLB.com At Bat Lite [iTunes link] - For those who have never used the MLB.com At Bat app from the last baseball season, here's your chance to see all of the features first-hand for FREE.  This app will provide everything the paid app eventually will for the regular season.  It will have stats for the World Baseball Classic and for some Spring Training games.  If you are a die-hard fan of one or more teams, At Bat is a must-have.  I'm going to buy it again.

UPDATE:  For those who want to know how much MLB.com At Bat is going to cost here's a guess:  last year's app cost $4.99 when I bought it on July 10th (yes, a day before the iPhone 3G was released).  That gave me scores for the last 2.5 months of the season.  I hope the price will be $4.99.  But at the same time, I could see the price being DOUBLE that.  $9.99 isn't unheard of for an app.  As the season goes on, the price point will get lower because there will be less games to cover.

gNotes [iTunes link] - Now that my iPhone is synced with Google Calendar and Contacts, syncing up with Google Notebook would also be useful.  gNotes does exactly that.  The app is free for a limited time.  Performance is wonderful! Syncing is instantaneous.  I'll need to use this a little more to give a more balanced review.



No comments: