Saturday, November 29, 2008

Forget HD, Let's Get 3-D Football!

CNET news is reporting that the National Football League will be broadcasting next Thursday's game between the San Diego Chargers and the Oakland Raiders in 3-D to theaters in Los Angeles, New York and Boston.
The demonstration will also include television sets that show games in 3-D. Evidently, some electronics companies have been making TV sets to accomodate 3-D DVDs already. But, the industry has not set a standard on 3-D.
The NFL used 3-D before for the 2004 Super Bowl and when people view the tape they "crouch down to catch the ball. It's as if the ball is coming into your arms."

Although I love HDTV, I have not been quick to set it up in my home because I believe the sets will still come down in price. Also, buying an HDTV set will require a major living room makeover since the entertainment center we have can only fit the standard television. Maybe I should just wait for the 3-D sets!



No comments: